Every citizen of India has Unique Identification Number: Aadhaar.
Many websites in health care, railways and almost all sites use your personal details. But the problem is, some times these personal details can be inaccurate. There can be many reasons for it.
e.g. Storing the birth data of child in eMunicipality portal:
The nurse writes about Mother and Father details in a form. From between writing the form to feeding it into the eMunicipality portal, there are lots of chances of feeding wrong data.
Some of the reasons are:
1) Listening error of nurse, so the nurse write the wrong information
2) Laziness and lack of time for nurse to fill all the fields on the paper form
3) Spelling errors of name and address details.
4) Person who is doing data entry in eMunicipality portal unable to recognize the handwriting (as we all know doctors write in horrible handwriting, which an expert can only read)
5) Person who is doing data entry, fills the compulsory field with arbitrary data (such as mother's age during marriage and delivery, number of sibling etc.) as these fields are not filled in the paper form by nurse.
Here is the important thing we can do to make data accurate by fetching it form adhaar portal, without compromising security.
By making an aahaar api, that gives json or xml data when we give them registered mobile number and date of birth. (We should not use aadhar number only to fetch the data, as hackers can download the complete personal details of all citizens, by making a single crawling software and misuse it.) We can also fetch data by giving adhaar number and registered date of birth. Date of birth gives an extra layer of security, and a blockade for hackers by preventing them in fetching and misusing the data.
Also number of queries per day of a particular IP address or location or account should be taken into account to stop misuse of data.
What data is fetched from aahaar api is also important. For example in eMunicipality we can fetch data such as Name and Address. So no more we have to type the data in the online form and no chance of error and the form field is automatically filled. Also it will save a huge amount of time.
Please leave a comment if you have any queries to make a discussion.